Robair Reichenstein leads brokerage assignments in the New York Tri-State region. Since 1988, he has acquired, disposed, and negotiated hundreds of commercial properties in the New York City metropolitan area as well as nationally and internationally, involving in excess of 10 million square feet. He enjoys the front-end role of developing occupancy strategy before its eventual implementation as a brokerage assignment.
Before joining Cushman & Wakefield (formerly DTZ), Mr. Reichenstein spent 12 years at CBRE as a leader of its Corporate Services Practice in New York City, where he managed real estate portfolios for institutional organizations. He also served for seven years in the public sector as Deputy Director for leasing and acquisitions in the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Real Estate Department.
Mr. Reichenstein’s specialties include: serving governmental and non-profit clients; non-CBD markets of Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Harlem; and leading landlord brokerage assignments focused on creative office and community facility occupiers.
- New York City Board of Elections – Multiple relocation assignments to protect a 140,000 SF warehouse requirement; identified a $650,000 per year savings opportunity and closed advance lease renewal for the headquarters lease
- Bowery Residents’ Committee – 104,000 SF Manhattan consolidation of headquarters and shelter program into leasehold condominium
- Mercy College – Developed space program for expansion and relocation of 130,000 SF Bronx campus; consulting services included hiring and integrating the real estate project’s third party professional services
- General Electric– Multiple leases signed to restructure national logistical distribution plan, culminating in a 1,300,000 SF lease in the Los Angeles region
- New York City Transit Authority – Negotiated a ground lease and structured a development agreement to construct a 550,000 SF office building in Downtown Brooklyn
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of New York
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Chairman, Family Dynamics – nonprofit organization based in Central Brooklyn serving disadvantaged youth and strengthening families
- Board Member and Chair of Facility Committee, SCO Family of Services – $150M Brooklyn/Queens/ Long Island-based nonprofit organization providing a broad array of social services
- Master of Business Administration, Columbia University
- Bachelor’s degree, Tufts University